2.12.2015

Open water Conquered!!


 My second open water swim at PD. With my bunch of faithful cohorts!! This time round I brave myself out a little to the open water.


 I finally able to look at this with much joy and relief!
 Weng Woo aka Mata on the left who lost quite a lots of weight recently..Well done.. and CK my primary school classmate.. cant we believe we are in this!
 This is one of my idol.. finally able to snap pic with him!


Here is Rupert and his brand new product call Carbo Pro. Good stuff and good price too!!

I am so happy inside me. I could not jump it out.. It is some nightmare I finally overcome!! Since the phobia of X-terra 2013.. open water was a nightmare for me... Previously few years back one of the PD tri lagi terror.. .my nose was all block up and no way I could swim with my mouth only.. But I did gone all the way out.. only later to be rescued by jet ski... haha...

So this time around, I wanna killed it once and for all but that fear still lingered inside me. OK lah.. not do or die.. One step at time loh.. still got two months mah..

So glad that the second time around of PD open water swim class is on.. This time I am less scared and able to swim a little better.. and half way thru.. Liew Mun Seng said.. " Swim out lah!" Slowly I took the time and able to swim quite some length. The sea water buoyancy does really help. Some how I feel the fear really kinda subside.. From that moment, I knew my fear is almost conquered.

So came Putrajaya ironman swim clinics. Damn.. X terra fear still linger in me.

As I went to the wooden floating panel.. the same fear that cause me to shiver came! Bit by bit.. damn.. so I quickly jumped into the pond first before it really creep in.. So jumped I did.. damn!! the same sinking feeling was there like last time.. damn.. the fear and numbness start creeping in..

So I gotta shake it off.. I had the orange floating ball as my insurance. So I swam out a little bit and back again.. well. its sink and up again.. hmmm.. not that bad.. ok.. i went out again and back.. breaststroke. easy pace..

I am more relax now. Then they signalled to Steve Lumley white floating device. So off I went.. Damn.. it was ok!! So breast stroke.. then bit of front crawl... damn I can do it..

Back to the ship again.. hey!! I think I can!!

Off I went to the triangle loop... HAHA.. this is not as bad.. I enjoyed it!! Woohoo...

One loop.. done...

Come on.. One more...

So two loops...

I guess I have to spend more time practise sighting.. this breaststroke to sight is actually wasting quite a lots of time..

I finally nailed it!!

1 comment: